In early July we announced an exciting partnership opportunity with Members Advantage Community Credit Union. As two like-minded, small Vermont credit unions, we feel it’s the perfect fit. Both organizations share a passion for serving our members, and through this partnership, we will be a stronger, more competitive credit union providing our membership with added convenience, enhanced products and services, lower fees, and an expanded field of membership. We have now received preliminary approval from the State of Vermont Department of Financial Regulation as well as the National Credit Union Administration and are looking for your support to vote “Yes” to the merger.
On August 17th, an official notice and ballot were mailed to each member of RVCU.
Both River Valley and Members Advantage feel this merger is in the best interest of our members. This strategic decision will ensure long-term stability and the ability to provide you with the highest level of service and benefits. Some additional benefits/details include:
• The same great local, personal member service that you receive now
• This will enhance our financial strength and ensure long-term sustainability
• More products and services, better rates, and added convenience
• More lending products and lending resources for members, and business lending coming soon
• Lower fees, 10 fees will be reduced immediately
• This helps us compete with larger credit unions, banks, and other financial organizations
• All existing staff members will remain employees of the combined credit union
• Improved resources and career development opportunities for staff
• Unanimous support from the Board of Directors & Management team
• Combined we will have 10 Credit Union offices throughout Vermont
• We are committed to finding a new name to better reflect the combined organization
• Expanding our field of membership to serve all of Vermont and three New Hampshire counties
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out by emailing
email@example.com or by calling 802-246-1736.
This cooperative merger can only happen if our members vote in favor of it, so we hope that we can count on your support to move forward.
River Valley will be held several informational sessions to give members the opportunity to learn more about this partnership before voting.
September 3rd @ 12:00pm
September 9th @ 6:00pm
September 17th @ 3:00pm
September 21st @ 6:00pm (At the American Legion* & via Zoom)
September 30th @ 6:00pm
October 6th @ 12:00pm
October 6th @ 6:00pm
A special membership meeting to consider and vote on this merger was held at The American Legion* – 32 Linden Street, Brattleboro, VT 05301 and accessible by zoom video conference on Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 6:00pm.