River Valley Credit Union now offers free mobile banking for users of Apple iPhones, iPads and Android phones and tablets. These apps are free to download, and the service is free to use.
Here is what you need to know to get connected:
Our mobile banking apps use your existing ‘CU Online’ username and password for connecting. If you do not yet use CU Online, see the “Online Banking New User” setup page for information about signing up for that free service.
Once you have access to CU Online, log on to the online banking page with a web browser. You will see either the ‘Summary’ page or the ‘Dashboard’ page, depending on how you set your preferences. Your Account Number, Member ID, Mailing Address and Email Address will at the top of the page.
- Confirm that the email address shown is current and is an account you have access to.
- If the address is not correct, click on the displayed address to change it.
- If you change the email address, it may take up to 1 business day to update in our system.
- You will need to check email at that account you entered as part of the mobile app setup below.
Once you have completed the steps above, log out of the Online Banking page and follow the instructions below.
Downloading the app for your device.
- The iPhone/iPad app is a free download from the Apple iTunes store. It requires iOS 5.0 or higher.
- Download the app directly from your phone/tablet, or;
- Search the iTunes app store for ‘River Valley Credit Union of Vermont’. We are not the only River Valley Credit Union in the country, so make sure the app you download has our logo on it.
- The Android app is a free download from the Google Play store. It requires Android 2.3.3 or higher.
- Download the app directly from your device, or;
- Search the Google Play store for ‘River Valley Credit Union of Vermont’. We are not the only River Valley Credit Union in the country, so make sure the app you download has our logo on it.
Windows Mobile devices:
- We do not offer a Windows Mobile version of the app. Windows Mobile users should continue to use mobile banking via a web browser on their mobile device.
Once you have the app installed, the rest of the setup is the same for Apple or Android users.
When you open the app, you will see a login page similar to the one shown above. For ‘Username’ enter the same account number or account name you use when logging on to Online Banking.
In the password box, enter the same password you use for Online Banking (remember, passwords are case-sensitive. Upper and lower case letters make a difference!)
The first time you log in, a one-time security code will be emailed to the address we have on record for you. The email containing that code should arrive within a few minutes of your login attempt. (If you do not get the email, check any ‘spam’ or ‘junk’ folders in your mail program. If you still do not get the code, contact the Credit Union.)
Enter that security code into the box provided then click ‘Authorize’. Once again, that code is case-sensitive so be sure to enter it exactly as it appears in the email message.
Once your security code is accepted, you will once again see the login page. Enter your password once again and click ‘Login’.
If you would like to use additional devices, you will be prompted for a different one-time security code for each device you connect.
If a device is lost, stolen or just no longer used, you can delete it from your account by logging in to the Online Banking website, clicking on ‘User Options’ then ‘Change User Devices’. There you will see a list of mobile devices you have registered to your account. Click on ‘Delete’ for the device you want to disable.