With the IRS beginning the distribution of the economic impact payments, also known as “stimulus checks”, it’s important to remember that the IRS will not call you to ask for any personal account information. The banking information they need to process these payments via direct deposit will be based off your most recent tax filing. Do not give out your banking or account information over the phone!
Answers to common questions in relation to these payments are available by visiting the IRS’ website at:
(This is an external website, not managed or endorsed by River Valley Credit Union)
Due to the
current COVID-19 situation we are all in, we are postponing both our annual
meeting and loan sale that were scheduled to take place in April. At this time,
we are exercising extreme caution when calling meetings to order and limiting
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 virus and will make accommodations for a new annual meeting as soon as possible. We also understand that the loan sale is a special event that our members look forward to each year, and we are truly apologetic that we are unable to hold this special at this time. Please be assured you will be the first to know when we offer a lending special in the future!
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
During these uncertain times, scammers are trying to take
advantage of the fear that we all are facing.
Here are some tips to help avoid being scammed:
• Do not respond to online offers. This includes working from home jobs, vaccinations, and virus testing kits.
• Do not give robocalls or unknown callers any information. Hang up.
• Do not use the robocall option that states “to be placed on our do not call list press __” just hang up.
• Watch for emails claiming to be from the CDC. Verify this information is correct by visiting www.cdc.gov
• Verify loan offers received are legitimate. Research the company and call the number on their website.
• Do not give out any of your personal account information.
Stay safe and healthy!
At River Valley Credit Union, we are committed to making sure your money is safe with us! Your accounts are insured to at least $250,000!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your accounts with River Valley Credit Union, please feel free to give us a call at (802) 254-4800 or (800) 728-5871. We would be more than happy to help answer any questions you may have.